While dark circles are often a result of genetic factors, the skin around your eyes can indicate how much effort you put into your daily skincare routine. The area around your eyes is prone to show signs of premature aging. Blame it on the constant movement of the eyes or on the fact that sadly, we often neglect to follow the much-needed steps towards making lifestyle changes to take care of the root cause of this very common skin problem.
The skin around your eyes is softer and more delicate in comparison to other areas of your face. This thinness makes it more vulnerable to dehydration, the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays, and last but not least, to the appearance of the oh-so-unwanted puffiness and fine lines.
Prevent, don't cover!
Sure, you can always call your favorite high-coverage concealer to the rescue but, how about these moments when all you want to do is lay on the beach without having to care about your makeup staying in place? Have you ever spend 45 minutes at the gym wearing all your premium beauty products, only to watch them slide right off your face? We know the struggle.
The truth is that not everyone is willing to put on a full face of makeup every day, and frankly, you don't have to. As a matter of fact, you dont even have to wear makeup when you want to wear lashes. JENOLUXO is a minimalist beauty brand and we love to see people celebrate their natural, beautiful selves. After all, true beauty comes from within. However, you can find creative beauty looks on our instragram page @jenoluxobeauty. This is because, we adore the MUA's we collaborated with. They have created some amazing art with just a pair of lashes, which is basically a minimalist product on its own. They did not only showed their creativity, but also their personality and own style. That is what beauty is all about, right?
So, instead of feeling the need to cover up, follow these tips to help you boost your eyecare routine and re-gain your natural glow, without taking the surgical route.
What are the actual causes of dark circles under your eyes, besides the genetic factors?
While there are of course more common eye area issues like: fine lines and puffiness, we will focus on the issue 'dark circles'. This is an issue that most people (let's say under 30) have to deal with and we are happy to share the most common causes and simple solutions.
1. Sun overexposure The harmful UV lights are notorious for their ability to increase the melanin content of the skin, especially around the eye area. In this particular region the blood vessels are closer to the surface, meaning they look darker and more pronounced. 2021 is the year to actually protect yourself against the danger sunrays. There are some great wallet-friendly, barely-there complexion products for your everyday makeup routine: Sunscreens!
2. Aging As you grow older your skin tends to lose its elasticity, mainly due to the lack of collagen.
Fear not! Under eye creams and serums, unlike heavy face creams, are made with smaller particles that deeply absorb into the delicate skin of your under eyes to moisturize, nourish, and energize with ease.
With the spring season just outside of our doorstep, it's time to arm up and prepare yourself for what's about to come. Allergies and dry eyes can actually contribute to the formation of dark circles. According to The Journal of clinical and aesthetic dermatology allergic reactions cause your body releases histamines, which is the main cause of itchiness and redness in the eye area. Luckily, there are plenty of mild medications for allergy relief that can effectively reduce the appearance of dark cycles.
The ultimate under-eye skincare routine
1. The Importance of Moisturizing
Our body is a work of art, right? Well, every fine painting requires maintenance and careful handling. That's exactly how we should be treating our skin, especially the area around our eyes. It's a relatively easy concept to understand but, unfortunately, we tend to look the other way until the first signs of aging knock on our door. You will be happy to hear that the first step towards your ultimate eye skincare routine, is actually pretty simple. Moisturize! 2. A product with effective ingredients
The best time to start using a moisturizer is when you don't think you need one. Some may think that it's an aesthetically-inclined habit, wrong! Since the area around your eyes has very few oils, daily moisturizing is vital for healthy skin. JENOLUXO has now developed effective Eye Patches with powerful ingredients, such as: hyaluronic acid, vitamins, and more. It will be a must have this summer and it will also be available in a kit. We are still kind of secretive about it, but we promise that we will give you all the details in another blog post.
Vitamins C and E help you protect your skin from future damage, while vitamins A and B increase firmness around the eyes. But, that not all. Even though high-quality eye creams and serums offer amazing results in little time, you have to endure some much-needed lifestyle changes to create an effective routine. According to Dr. K. Harish Kumar (MBBS, MD - Dermatology & Venereology), healthy skin starts from the inside. "Eat a lot of antioxidant-rich foods, fresh fruits, and vegetables, greens, and nuts. Steer clear of cola, processed foods, chocolates and sugars" he mentions. There are also many other contributing factors to dry skin such as hot water, constant touching, and lack of proper makeup removal.
3. The miracle benefits of goodnight's sleep
Sleep is not only essential for our health, but it’s also important for our mood, immune system, and of course, the condition of our skin. You should always try to get at least 6-7 hours of good night's sleep, Developing a better schedule, and understanding exactly what triggers interrupt you from getting the rest you need is crucial to prevent the appearance of dark cycles.
4. Stick to a healthy diet When you have already scored the best deal on high-quality eye products and your sleep schedule has also improved drastically, it's time to take care of your diet. You will be surprised to hear that there are some key food choices that can actually hydrate your skin with ease. Incorporate antioxidant-rich foods into your daily meals, such as green vegetables, and nuts. Even though it is better to tackle skincare issues at an early age, it is never too late to treat your skin with the much-needed love it deserves. From eye creams to regular exercise and long hours of good night's sleep, you will definitely find the routine that works best for your needs.